Easter in Fool Creek

I guess you could say we spent Easter in Paradise (and no Gary I am not referring to the town that you live in). :) Easter weekend is a busy time for Ian's family - both his Mom's extended family and his Dad's family have a huge party. Thankfully this year they were on different days. Both their families are really entertaining. The only downside was that both Taryn and I have been sick - but we had fun anyway. :)


On Friday - Ian got off early and we headed down to his Mom's family party. It was in Delta. Funny thing - on the way down we stopped in Nephi and at the gas station I ran into some people that I work with who were on their way to Manti - small world.

We were lucky enought to bring Isaac down with us. He is 3 and pretty entertaining. He asked us if we knew what cows were made out of - in case you were wondering, they are made out of milk and it comes out of their balloon things. Pretty adorable.

At the party - there was baseball, basketball, kickball, volleyball. I just watched and took pictures this year. Next year, no sickness will keep me away. Kickball is my one of my all time favorite games. :)

Ian & Isaac playing ball at the party.

On Saturday morning, Ian & Taryn got their Easter baskets. Taryn loved her nursery rhyme book.Taryn just before the party with Aunt Aimee. What a couple of cuties. You may notice that she has a hold of Aim's watch. Taryn loves jewelry watches, necklaces, rings, earrings.

We headed out to the sand hills for a hot dog roast over the fire and lunch. I am still a first time Mom - I forgot the sunblock so Taryn wore her hood while we were outside. It is kind of funny that I forgot that because I usually overpack. A few of Ian's sibs - Sara, Dallas & Aimee. I really love his family - they are GREAT!
Dallas, Taryn & Ian enjoyin' the sun.
Taryn loves being outdoors.
Taryn with Grandpa Great & Papa. How is this for a small world - Ian's Grandpa and my favorite Uncle (on my Dad's side) were mission companions. Sometimes I tease Ian and tell him that I married him so that I could get a Grandpa (both of mine had died before I was born and I liked Ian's from the start.)
Grandma Great with Taryn and Ian. Ian's Grandparents are so loving and happy whenever we see them.The party was great fun. Unfortunately, it also happened to be Taryn's nap time. Lucky for us Aunt Elizabeth was with her napping daughter (who is a few months younger than Taryn) in their mini van. So their van became the "Mother's Lounge". Elizabeth is super sweet and it was really nice just to sit and chat for awhile.

Taryn's Easter Dress - I am trying to decide if I should give her bangs or not. Her hair is actually getting pretty long no. When I have it down in front it goes in her eyes unless it is swooped to the side. So bangs or no bangs - what do you think?

Gma & Gpa Fin with Taryn
Ok, so I have to admit that one of the things that is the cutest in the World to me is when Ian's little brother Dallas plays with Taryn. He is this tough cowboy - who is also very sweet.
The backyard and us (can u see why we like it down there - super beautiful)
Ian, with his bro Dallas & his sister Sara.






Comments

TheMathes4 said…
It looks like you had a beautiful Easter! I love the new family picture you put at the top.
Jess
Katie said…
I think bangs would be cute for Taryn. I've never tried cutting my own kids hair. Jordan was 3 before she had her first haircut so I took her to a kid salon.

The scenery is beautiful down there. All the pictures look great! I miss Utah in the springtime. :)