Monday early Taryn and I got up for a run/walk (I always end up doing a little of each) and then we had breakfast with the young women who were headed off to camp. When we got back after a few chores, my good friend Heather called and was in town from WY. So we went to lunch and bought our daughters some cute bows. Here is a pic of Heather, her daughter Katie and Taryn.While Heather and I were hanging out - a good friend from high school stopped at my parents house and they had her call me on my cell to chat. It was great to talk to Mary, I haven't talked to her in like 5-6 years. She is in UT for a few days (she lives in TX) so we are planning to party with a few of our other long time friends sometime this week.
After our lunch/shopping excursion - I chatted for awhile with the sweetest neighbor and her two adorable children while they watched the construction vehicles on our road. Her son is 4 and LOVES construction vehicles - on Sunday at church we let him read one of Taryn's books of construction vehicles. I think he was way impressed that a girl had that and a monster truck in her diaper bag - I know Ian said quite a few of the other men at church were impressed. Although, none of the other men commented on the cute pink and white polka dot diaper bag that Ian carried. ;)
The hardest thing for me -when Ian has to work nights- is leaving him along long enough to get some sleep. So it was really nice to go out with Heather - that way Ian could get some much needed rest before hockey.
Around 4:30 Taryn and I went to wake up Papa - Taryn LOVES her Papa. Ian gets her neck and she just laughs and laughs.Since she had a new bow and is quite adorable - we had to take some pics of Taryn. Look at my two greatest blessings, aren't they beautiful?
Taryn was having so much fun with the sticks and the grass and the dead leaves.
After she scratched herself in the face a few times I decided that I needed to take the stick away. Can you guess what her opinion was of that?
I mean c'mon sticks are the best teething toys around.
While feeding Taryn dinner - she decided to share with Papa.
And then we went to hockey - Ian kicked some serious behind in the game. He was AWESOME tonight. The whole team played well. My bro in law Blake scored a goal - it was an AMAZING shot. My sweet niece Carrie, walked Taryn back and forth in her stroller - entertaining her the whole time so that I could watch the game - what a sweetheart. Her are a few pics from the game (Ian is the goalie)...
Comments
What is your schedule like the week after the 4th?? We need to get together and play!