Catchin' up - HOCKEY!

Seems like life has been really crazy lately - but I am not sure what I have been doing ;). I imagine mostly I have been chasing Taryn around the house - she likes to walk/climb/get in to everything. She is a little talker - she loves to jabber. It actually sounds like she is saying sentences - she has the right intonation and everything - she is just missing the words ;).
This past week - she started to climb up our wood stairs and I told her no. So she looked at me and smiled and tried again. I told her no again and she turned to me and in her jibberish - yelled back at me. Yep, yelled...kinda like she was mad that I wouldn't let her. So after a few more exchanges - I told her because Mama said so that is why (I never thought I would be one of those parents who argue with a one year old and seem to lose the argument ;) ).
Seriously, being with Taryn during the day is SO much fun. She keeps me laughing. We play in the basement together and if I lie down on the floor while she is playing - she will come and attack me. Sit on my head or climb on top of me - and I just laugh and think it is so adorable.
Ian had two playoff hockey games since I last posted. Here is a pic of some of the fans at one game. It was so nice to have so much family there.
We went down to Fool Creek last weekend for a bridal shower for Darci (Dyl's fiance). Taryn loves going down there and climbing on Gma Fin's stairs - she would climb up the stairs and look down at the party and start to jabber to everyone. I told Ian the other day that I feel kinda bad for him because I am a talker and it appears Taryn is one too - he won't ever get a work in edgewise - but he said he didn't mind at all. We drove to and from the shower with Sara - it made the drive go by so FAST. I LOVE hanging out with her and talkin' with her. I really feel like I can talk to her about everything. She is so much fun.
This past week we had another hockey game, mud volleyball with the youth (Taryn laughed so hard at their antics) and one of THE coolest people from my mission, Kimberly Pulley, stopped by for a visit.

At the hockey game, Aim came and helped to keep Taryn entertained and off the disgusting bleacher floors (which is a lot harder than it sounds)...I love this picture because it shows how much fun we always have. Aimee is a great sister, aunt, sisinlaw...she is always there for you when you need her. I still remember when Ian broke his ankle and then had to go in for surgery - she came to sit with me in the hospital 'til like 2 in the morning. She is the BEST!!

I decided we needed at least one picture of Ian's full gear. When he had his helmet on - Taryn wasn't so sure if she wanted to go to him or not. And you will notice these are pre-game pictures. I don't think any of us would have liked the post hockey smell ;).

Comments

TheMathes4 said…
Yay! There is a post! :) Does Ian play hockey all year, or is there a set hockey season?