We had a busy and fun day today. Please don't look too closely at my eyes - I had only like 4 hours of sleep the night before. Ian had to work and I couldn't sleep so I watched old TV espisodes online. I realized quite quickly that all those cool cartoons - really aren't that cool anymore. I watched a little She-Ra and a little JEM. They also have old series that I like in Jr. High that I had to check out (as you can tell these shows definitely date me)...the pilot episode to the old 90210 (yes, I admit watching that for a few episodes - I mean the girls name was Brenda), Lois & Clark, etc.. Not surprisingly, the shows were all really cheezy and I can't believe I actually spent time watching them back then and then wasted time watching them when I couldn't sleep. I think I need to make a library run - to have some good books on hand for insomnia. Anyone read something awesome lately that they would like to recommend?
We got up earlier than normal because today we had Stake Conference. We are so lucky to have so many wonderful friends that live in our stake. We got to sit with our friends Curtis & Brittany and also Wes & Renee. Then they both came over for dinner at our house. I had such a good time with them.
After lunch, we played a little rock band, it is very unfortunate that they don't have any Mormon Tab Choir songs on rock band - you know being Sunday and all. ;)
I think Taryn had fun having people over - especially the babies. Here we are with Lexi - Curtis & Britt's little girl.
Here is Taryn telling Jack (Wes & Renee's son) goodbye, I think she wanted to climb in the car seat with him.
Here is Wes & Renee jamming. Can I just say HOLY CRAP! I have never seen anyone do the guitar on expert - but Wes rocked it out. And Renee was pretty amazing at singing & drums.

Curtis rocking it.

We played rock band for awhile and then Curtis & Britt & us headed over to 'The Gang' Christmas party. There were a group of us in the singles ward that would hang out - we played roller hockey like once a week for quite a few years. Anyway, they still throw a party around Christmas every year. It was nice to see everyone - a BIG THANKS to Hilary who made the party amazing. Now, I think I need to go and get some sleep.
Curtis rocking it.
We played rock band for awhile and then Curtis & Britt & us headed over to 'The Gang' Christmas party. There were a group of us in the singles ward that would hang out - we played roller hockey like once a week for quite a few years. Anyway, they still throw a party around Christmas every year. It was nice to see everyone - a BIG THANKS to Hilary who made the party amazing. Now, I think I need to go and get some sleep.
Comments