Taryn turned 18 months old this week. I can't believe how quickly she has grown. Here she was on her first bath - given while she was at the hospital by her Papa.
And today...she still loves the bathtub. She could stay in the water for hours and splash and play. She doesn't even cry when I wash her hair. (She is saying cheese in this picture.)We sure do love our sweet little girl.
She absolutely LOVES her Grandpa Evans. It is the cutest thing I have ever seen. On the mornings that I work, I take her to my parents house. Sometimes, she doesn't want to let go of me - until Gma asks if she wants to go find Gpa - then she can't get away fast enough. She knows that my Dad is usually in his office and she always heads there first. Thursday, I stayed home from work sick - all morning Taryn asked for Grandpa (because she normally gets to see him on Thursdays). Now this is all a little strange for my Mom, who is the World's Greatest Grandma. She jokes that she is the one who does everything for Taryn, plays with her, changes her, etc etc...and she can't understand why Taryn likes Gpa so much. My Dad just told her it must be because my Dad plays hard to get (he isn't always accessible).
Taryn also LOVES babies. Her favorite thing is to wrap them in a blanket and carry them around, then unwrap them and rewrap them over and over again. On Saturday, she got to try this with a real live baby. We were so LUCKY on Friday night to have Ian's cousin Wade and his wife Misty and their adorable little son Ford spend the night with us. Wade is the funniest man on the planet. Back before Ian & I were married Wade was my home teacher and good friend. Misty is the sweetest person and lots of FUN too! On Saturday morning, when Taryn saw Ford, she was in HEAVEN. She just wanted the baby. She really wanted to wrap Ford up in his blanket and carry him around. So we helped her wrap him up - and then almost died laughing while she tried to pick him up off the ground. Ford is 6 months old, and I think Misty said he is about 18 lbs - so they are almost the same size. Taryn was so cute with Ford. And Ford was the best little baby - he didn't fuss at all while Taryn was hunkering around him and probably pestering him.
Wade & Misty, please come back anytime!
Comments