May 7 2009 - Not a slacker ;)

First I have to say that the photoshopping stuff in the previous post is all IAN. Isn't he amazing. The one picture where she is standing on the road with flowers - was actually a pic of her in my mom's kitchen holding on to Gma. Ian is AMAZING!
Second, I promise I am not a slacker - things have just seemed crazier than normal. We are trying to finish up some adoption paperwork and we have also decided to try invitro again. As a result of some blood tests for that - we found out that I had a low platelet count. They sent me to a hemotologist - who also happens to be an oncologist (cancer doc) - so that kind of freaked me out. The result - they really don't know what is wrong with me but it isn't anything to worry about too much. I told Ian this must make me an official 'Finlinson' - it seems like him and most of his sibs have weird medical things. So now I just fit right in. Then just when we were done with the whole platelet deal - Ian got seriously ill. Sick enough that he didn't play hockey or softball! That is really sick. Our awesome home teachers came and gave him a blessing and that really helped. This could be related to his PSC which made me quite nervous. But now he is almost back to normal. He is such a wonderful husband - even when he is sick he tries to help out. Taryn and I are very blessed to have Ian in our lives.
I have been trying to do themes for the week with Taryn. We get books on certain subjects and craft projects. Last week we did insects - I even dug up a worm and held it for her (without saying YUCK which is what I was thinking). Here are a few of the things that we made. She glued the dots on the caterpillar and carried it around for about three whole days - she was so proud of herself!



Comments

TheMathes4 said…
Wow, it sounds like your life has been crazy lately!!!!! I hope Ian is doing much better.