Fool Creek Memorial Day '10

Be prepared for a post with lots and lots of pictures...we try to document all the good times we have and since we were in Fool Creek for the weekend we had LOTS of them. Ian's family is AWESOME, I love hanging out with ALL of them Aunts, Uncles, Sisters, Brothers, parents. They are all so nice & LOVING!

We went down to Fool Creek on Saturday morning - Taryn was so excited. When we got to South Jordan she asked me - do you see Gma's house yet? I said no, we still have a long time to drive. Two minutes later she asked the same thing. So funny, she loves being with Gma & Gpa.

My girl - I sure do love her! I can't believe how big she is getting.
Taryn & Ella had so much fun together - they took turns bossing each other, getting mad, laughing and doing it all again. Taryn asked me where Ella's parents were - I told her they were on vacation. She thought about that for a few seconds, then got really excited and said, They are going to come back with BABY!! She only remembers not having her parents when we were at the hospital having David - our vacation I guess. ;)

Here they are jumping on the tramp.

You can't tell but they are on the four wheeler.

Taryn took her turn on front and said we are going down to see the baby horses by OURSELVES.

Taryn was climbing up Gma's stairs and saying where is my Daddy where is my Daddy. Gma Rita said you don't have a Daddy you have a Papa. Taryn replied, "I have a Daddy and his name is Papa."

David likes Fool Creek too. He is getting more and more chubby. He also loves to talk & coo & smile & he can pretty much hold his head up by himself. He is only 2 months, I wish he would slow down a little bit.

Isn't he beautiful? I sure do love my little boy!

I have to say Ian's sister Sara is AMAZING. She is gorgeous & kind, super smart (she's a lawyer), way talented - with a beautiful voice, athletic, spiritual, the most amazing cook & she is AWESOME with the little kids. Whenever she is down in Fool Creek - she helps feed everyone, plays with the kids forever, and tells the funniest stories to make use all laugh. And I can't leave out her husband Blair - he is hilarious!!
Here is Sara reading with the girls.

and taking them to see the baby horses.

After a visit with Aunt Roberta, Taryn loves going to her house because she is super sweet & has way cool toys, we went to the dance.

Taryn was excited to go to the dance. She told us she was going to dance with Uncle Dallas, but only after he took a shower. She was quite disappointed that Mama didn't bring her a dancing tutu & dancing clothes. Jeans just didn't cut it. ;)

She had no inhibitions on the dance floor & shook her booty lots & lots.

At the dance with Ella.
Dancing with Papa

Dancing with Uncle Joel

Uncle Joel has a daughter Taryn's age - Katelee they had so much fun with her.

Ian's boss Roger - he is always way adorable with the little kids. Taryn really likes him.

Aunt Sara dancing with the girls.

Ella & Taryn - little buddies.

Taryn & Sara dancing.

Gpa Great (who is the best dancer) & Papa

Mama dipping Taryn

Checking out Dallas & his new horse.

Taryn & Ella were playing in the playroom with a hula hoop, Ella asked Taryn for help with the hula hoop. so Taryn held it around Ella and said then you shake like this. Taryn shook her body then Ella did & the hula hoop fell to the floor - but the shaking was so cute!

Taryn & Ella played tackle the other on the tramp.

I love how easily entertained little kids are. ;)

They sure did love getting each other.

Taryn is a tramp-a-holic

Check out their audience, Papa, Dylan, David, Blair & Sara was jumping with you (I tell you she is amazing).

While the girls jumped, Gpa took Jonah for a ride.

and Isaac cruised the yard himself.

We realized this weekend that these two guys have the same initials D.J. - Dylan is so cute with the kids.

David's first 4-wheeler ride. We went down to see Gma Great.

There were tonz of relatives at Gma Greats house - Jodi, Joel & Elizabeth - they all loved David.

Taryn on the swing out front.

With her Papa

Ella on the swing

Ella, Taryn & Katelee on the teeter totter.

Sara & the girls...they LOVE Aunt Sara.

David smiling at Gma Great

The ditch filled with water & all of the kids decided to play. Taryn is in the middle being helped across by one of the cousins. Taryn LOVED getting muddy.

Isaac walking one of the boats down the ditch.

Taryn checking out the boats.

Ian is an AMAZING photographer - the more he learns the more he has grown. He is such a smartie - he only needs a few lessons to be great at anything he tried. The sunset on Sunday.

A pic Ian took of Dylan...Ian sure does have handsome brothers.

On Monday, we went to the Lyman - Edward Partridge Memorial Breakfast and then to Aunt Valene's house. There were so many girl cousins and fun toys. Taryn didn't want to leave.

We left her house to go to the cemetery for the tour.

Taryn climbed right up on Gma Great's lap to listen to the stories of those who have passed on.

Us with Gma & Gpa Great.

Another one of Ian's handsome brothers...Dallas.

Cousin Cameron helping Taryn on the swing.

She loves Gma Greats house - especially when there is water & cousins.

She was so excited to get muddy - but this was the extent of her dirtiness.

Yep, that is Taryn naked (Lady Godiva is her 33rd great grandma you know). Playing with Katelee.

She even swings naked.

When we got home we decided to snatch a quick picture of David - since he turned 2 months old yesterday. We think he weighs at least 13 lbs! He is such a smart baby, he is already trying to hold up his head, he smiles & coos, and wiggles like crazy maybe he is trying to roll over.

Comments

The Dummers said…
What a fun place! I can't believe how big David is and I still haven't met him! Love the naked pics of Taryn! Mud is just a little more fun when you don't have any clothes on!
TheMathes4 said…
Fool Creek always looks like such a fun place! David is soooooo cute! I love that picture of Taryn and her cousin with their arms around each other, and her out playing by the swing naked is hilarious!!!!
Sara said…
You are way too nice, Bren! Thanks for all the compliments. You are the best. Taryn is so stinkin cute. I'm so glad you guys were down there. It was so fun to hang out with you--made my Memorial Day.
nic said…
So many wonderful pictures on this post. I wish I could have been with you guys to enjoy the weekend. I absolutely love that picture of the girls walking with their arms around one another--so adorable! Ian will need to do some cute photoshop action with that one.