Walla Walla Washington

We decided to make a quick trip to Walla Walla to visit Dan & Alexis. So Uncle John & Papa drove all night long so that the kiddies would have an easy trip.

When we got there Saturday morning - we saw that Dan & Alexis lived in the cutest house in the middle of millions of acres of wheat fields.

Taryn loved it - especially the swing.

She rode on my lap for a bit & then wanted me to sit on her lap.

Photo op with Pop

The guys took naps, built a huge kennel for their dog & put together an air conditioning unit. Then we just hung out and had a good time.

Alexis showing Dan the right way to lead Cherokee.

Dan leading Cherokee through the barn - awesome picture my hubby is amazing.

Taryn loves horses. Notice the purse...I have started calling her a bag lady because she always has to have a purse or bag and she fills it full of treasures she finds - which is mostly junk but as long as she is happy...

Papa took Taryn for a longer ride.

I think Ian is teaching Taryn the face that he pulls - ha ha even their hands are in the same position.

How beautiful is that?

Alexis hiding from the camera.

David playing with Uncle John - he got a bit of a heat rash on his tummy poor guy. But he is like Taryn doesn't let anything bother him too much.

Checking out Mama.

My handsome guy.

Taryn still riding...she could do that all day long.

Of course, she had to place a call while she was on the phone. I guess no one has taught her not to talk & drive yet. ;)

I think she is saying - Mama get the camera out of my face jeez.

Alexis & Dan hanging out.

I never understood the part of the song in America the Beautiful that says Amber waves of grain...until I went to Walla Walla. They told us these wheat field go all the way up to Canada & then all the way over to Montana.

Dan's cute old farm house.

His house surrounded by the wheat fields.

His barn...I LOVE this picture Ian took.

More amber waves of grain

Waiting for everyone to get ready for church

I think she is beautiful. I am trying to decide which of these pics to use for her 3 year old picture. Let me know if you like one more than the others.

She took a dive off the swing, when she was trying to be tricky and not use her hands. Then Papa hugged her and she smiled through the tears and said look Papa I'm happy. I love this little girl

Her sweet smile.

She was running and holding herself up with just her arms. I guess we need to teach her how you superman on the swing. I also LOVE the colors in this pic.

Posing...her superhero pose.

Mama throwing her up in the air. I couldn't get much height so we switched places and Ian threw her and I took pics.

Flying down to Papa.

She is her Papa's little girl. He is her hero, her safety, her everything. She sure does love him.

So sweet!

They have so much fun together.

Flying high.

I love this one too...you can see her peeking out from the strength of her Papa's arms.

All of us.

Taryn & David

He was mad so she was calming him down. She is the best big sister.

Me & the kids.

Dan, Alexis & Cooper
Thanks for the fun trip!!

Comments

William & Jamie said…
Wow, Brenda - you have the sweetest family!! I love all the photos you've taken...such a beautiful setting for a home! Hope all is well - you all seem so happy!
TheMathes4 said…
That picture of Taryn calming David down is so darling! I think David is so adorable - he looks like you Brenda!!!!
It looks beautiful up there in Walla Walla.
Joan said…
What a fun trip for you guys. Love all the pictures what a beautiful place.