When David was born we took Taryn out of gymnastics for the summer and she has been BEGGING to do it again. So we signed her up for the 3-4 year old class. She LOVES it. Funny, I also have her in a community dance class & she really isn't liking it. She does the things the teacher asks but ... the teacher & the class are a little strict. I don't think that is necessary for a 3 year old...I just want her to have fun & find things that she likes. I am really thinking about just taking her out of it.
Gymnastics on the other hand ... she counts down the days til she can go. And loves showing off for her teacher there. They make the classes fun...she would never know she is learning fundamentals because she is playing games. The teacher makes it look so fun that I want to jump down there and play too.
Here is Taryn getting ready to step on & jump off the bar onto the frog. The kids get to choose what activities they do...I think she really enjoys that freedom.
Gymnastics on the other hand ... she counts down the days til she can go. And loves showing off for her teacher there. They make the classes fun...she would never know she is learning fundamentals because she is playing games. The teacher makes it look so fun that I want to jump down there and play too.
Here is Taryn getting ready to step on & jump off the bar onto the frog. The kids get to choose what activities they do...I think she really enjoys that freedom.
Walking on the balance beam - there are two onebetween her & the camera and the red one she is walking on.
At the top of the vault pad...she is a perfectionist and always has to make sure her feet & hands line up with the examples.
They get to spend time in the big gym...her favorite part it jumping in the pit. That is her teacher in the red - she is AWESOME! Here they are taking turns doing backbends into the pit. Her teacher even had a styrofoam block fight with the kids. It was so cute!
Comments