Library Story Time

Monday Taryn & I were both sickies & stayed home all day. So she missed her Halloween party in dance & was a little bit ticked about that. Tuesday we knew we had to make it to the story time class party at the library. Because I was so out of it, I forgot that my awesome sister was sewing a hole in Taryn's Tinkerbell costume. My Mom watches the kids on Tuesday & she came to the rescue. She comes to my rescue a lot. Honestly, I ask her all the time...how did you do it? For example, Tuesday night Ian had to work late. Taryn & I called him at bedtime to say good night. She started to tell Ian, "Papa, Mama said I can't lay on David, or roll him over, or smash his head, or lay on top of him, or jump over him....." You get the idea. I guess I tell her no more than giving her options to do other things (which is what we try to do). And sometimes telling her to get off of her brother for the 12billioneth time, I get a little frustrated. For the life of me, I can't remember my Mom getting frustrated for having to repeat to get off your brother for the millioneth time. I thought for a moment maybe it was because I was the perfect child...and then I chuckled. Mom, you are AMAZING & I want to be JUST like you.

Back to Tuesday...so Grandma found Taryn a modest costume (she hates wearing things under them) and even got the bride a little bouquet fo real miniature roses.

The beautiful bride.

We were a few minutes early to story time, I decided I needed a pic of the kiddos. After 1 or 2 pics, Taryn just grabbed Joshua's arm and held on...I guess that is what brides are 'spost to do.

Joshua putting up with Taryn. On the way to the library, they were talking about their real halloween costumes...how Joshua has an awesome tomahawk & how Taryn is going to be Tinkerbell. Joshua told us he hates all princesses and then thought for a minute & said except for Tinkerbell & Peter Pan - I like them. (Those are Taryn & David's costumes). So funny. After storytime, Taryn got to meet Joshua's baby sister...she was dying to hold her. But maybe when the baby is a lil' bit older.

The kids from the neighborhood who go to the afternoon story time...Abby Jane, Taryn, Zoey & Joshua. They got to trick or treat through the whole library.

Later that evening...while Ian was at work...I decided I couldn't handle the straggly hair in the back of Taryn's head...so after bath time we had an impromptu hair cutting session...pics to come...

Comments