Valentine's Day 2011

Since I work early on Mondays, I laid out the Valentine's on the table (my Mom always put them on our bed)...next year they will be on beds if I do something like this again. Last year, Taryn & I did the 14 Days of Love to Ian. This year we got the kids some treat (instead of candy) & had a candle light dinner.

I decided I needed a cute picture of the Valentine's...
Taryn LOVED this pink princess piggy bank at the store & then we gave her a bag of coins for it.
I got such a sweet deal on this stacking toy...& David loves it. All of the the stacking pieces fit together to make little balls.
Ian was harder because Valentine's is the day before his birthday. And Taryn & I had already given him a bag of Valentine Snickers...so he got some coupons for things he really likes....like being able to sleep in & I'll take care of the kiddos on a weekend morning...stuff like that.
Since I leave for work really early, I didn't think I would get to see the kids get the stuff. But Taryn woke up early & came down to kiss me good bye...her words were..."What is that???"
She was pretty happy with her piggy. She then said, "Mama, where is yours?" I hadn't thought of that so told her that I already got it. ;) So you see why next year....they are going on the beds.
When I got home from work...Ian had made mine & Taryn's favorite thing...pancakes. Seriously, I can use the same recipe/batter whatever but Ian's pancakes always turn out so much more fluffy & tasty.
Taryn also took some pics...her she pushed the camera button & then posed...she loves taking pictures with our lil' camera.
This is a picture Taryn took of David laughing.
My Mom, who is the most AWESOME lady, helped me make an awesome chicken cordon blue candle light dinner for the family. Taryn loved it eating by the candles but was most excited to blow them out at the end.

Comments

TheMathes4 said…
You are such a good mom Brenda! I love the picture of Taryn with her piggy. : )