Birthday & Other Stuff

My sweet sister, Cindy, took me shopping on my birthday & she always can find the cutest things for the best deal. I got the cutest skirt, books & shirt-thanks Cindy.

Ian made his yummy brownies for my birthday & we had an awesome day!

Tuesday night, we went to Cottonwood Heights to swim. David loves it & Taryn loves it too. They never want to get out of the water. The funniest thing (at least to me - if you are not a Mom you may not laugh so skip to the next paragraph)...while we were dressing in the family dressing room, I was watching/holding David on the changing table while Ian was helping Taryn get dressed. I hadn't dressed yet & David while standing just leaned over & started nursing. I thought that was the strangest thing...Taryn had stopped nursing by now. It made me laugh.

Taryn told me when she turns four she is going to get a baby sister.

While my mom watched them on Tuesday, Taryn told her that she needed to have a baby. When I told Taryn that Gma had already had 14 babies, she told her that you just have to get pregnant & go to the hospital & then you will get your baby. She told me that Grandma needs a baby for Taryn to play with.

While shopping yesterday, Taryn grabbed a set of pacifiers & wanted to by them for her little sister. When I told her she doesn't have one yet, she said but I will some day & I will need these.

Some funny things I have had to tell Taryn while she was playing with David...
Taryn please don't put your tongue in David's ear
Taryn please don't body slam your brother against the side of the playpen
Taryn please don't drag your brother around by his leg
Taryn please don't call your brother over to play with the toilet while you are going potty

Tonight, I had an awesome dinner with my friend Kristin, it was really nice to just have us & no kids (I don't think we have done that since college). I could have stayed out all night talking. Thanks, Kristin for the fun night!


Comments

TheMathes4 said…
So funny the things you've had to tell Taryn about playing with David! The leg one was my fave : )