Valentine's Day came quick this year. Ian helped David make his droid valentine's box. They were both so in to it-it was really cute to see them working together on something they loved so much. Taryn's class decorated envelopes so she didn't have to make one.
The best part of valentine's day was what Ian did for me. I think for the last 7 years or so - I have been asking for birthdays and Christmas for a list of reasons why he loves me (it is something that I have done for him a few times). This year he actually did it...filled up the jar in the picture above with candies and little papers with reasons why he loves me. He also gave me some yummy chocolate covered cinnamon bears (my favorite). And he surprised me (which is hard to do and something I usually love). We are more dedicated to us and the changes in our relationship as we try to do things-like talk 20 minutes a day without talking about kids or problems between us-have really been strengthening our bond.
I also got to spend the afternoon at the school...in David's class we did handprint owls and in Taryn's class I helped with the treat and the craft. It was nice that their parties were at different times so that I could go.
That night we did Ian's birthday dinner - because he and I have a hot date for his birthday. He wanted spaghetti (love when they want simple meals) and of course a gooseberry pie for dessert.
The best part of valentine's day was what Ian did for me. I think for the last 7 years or so - I have been asking for birthdays and Christmas for a list of reasons why he loves me (it is something that I have done for him a few times). This year he actually did it...filled up the jar in the picture above with candies and little papers with reasons why he loves me. He also gave me some yummy chocolate covered cinnamon bears (my favorite). And he surprised me (which is hard to do and something I usually love). We are more dedicated to us and the changes in our relationship as we try to do things-like talk 20 minutes a day without talking about kids or problems between us-have really been strengthening our bond.
I also got to spend the afternoon at the school...in David's class we did handprint owls and in Taryn's class I helped with the treat and the craft. It was nice that their parties were at different times so that I could go.
That night we did Ian's birthday dinner - because he and I have a hot date for his birthday. He wanted spaghetti (love when they want simple meals) and of course a gooseberry pie for dessert.









Comments