Difficult things & Cousins that make them right again

God always send the greatest thoughts to me...from Pres Eyring

Today had some hard moments and some good ones. The kids changed their plans to go to breakfast with his Dad for his birthday - Taryn even bought him some balloons. There have been some difficulties with Ian's wife and the kids and even her kids and the kids. The kids thought the breakfast would be just them and their dad...but it wasn't. So we changed plans and I decided to drive them to the breakfast to help with tensions...but the breakfast kept getting pushed later. Finally, Ian and the kids decided that they would miss breakfast and have dinner with him that night. But that got changed and cancelled too. Which then led to true but harsh words between myself and Ian. It is hard because he is threatened that I am taking the kids away from him and I feel like I push so hard for the kids to have time with him. Divorce is hard on kids - no matter the age. It is hard on parents - missing time, holidays with their kids. I am hoping the hard of today will lead to a breakthrough and better communication and just betterment all around for the kids.


The great part of today was the kids spending time with their favorite cousins (Matt & Rochelle's kids). They came and had pizza and hung out and played for a few hours which was JUST what we all needed. We are so blessed to have such an amazing family.
 



Comments